Teacher in Charge: Mr P. McAllisterRecommended Prior Learning
To be accepted for this course students must have earned 10 credits or more in L1 Health Education or L1 Physical Education or L1 Food & Nutrition, or HOF approval.
Health Education at Level 2 builds on concepts developed in L1. The main focus of the course is the development of health promotion among young people through the use of critical thinking and a thorough understanding of the socio-ecological perspective.
What is taught in courses varies from year to year. This course could include:
This course covers:
• Planning and implementing health-promoting activities in and around the school
• Mental health
• Sexuality and gender issues
• Managing changing states of health
• Examining societal issues in relation to health
• Personal safety in relationships with others
• Enhancing total wellbeing/hauora
Physical Education and Health Education are helpful in careers such as: Nursing, event organisation, human resources, police, fire service, P.E. teaching, primary school teaching, recreation/fitness instructing, medicine, dentistry, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, armed services, research (fitness, health & recreation), managing community sports and recreation, professional sport or coaching, and sports psychology.